Sunday, December 7, 2008

Mid American Poker Classic Events #1 and #2

I've been pretty busy the last couple of days and haven't had time to update on these events. Event #1 was a 300+40 buyin and started with 7k chips and 40 minute levels. I was complete card dead in the first 2 hours and only managed to drag 1 pot but it was a big one. I picked up 33 utg and opened to 300 at 50-100 with around a 5500 starting stack. UTG+2 3 bets to 700 and another player calls so I decide to peel. The flop rolls out T93, I get it in verse both players and they have JJ and AK to get me up over 15k. I ended up with around 14.5k going into first break with the blinds going to 100-200 with 25 ante. A few hands after break I get JJ in vs AK for 14k and I couldn't hold and that dropped me down around 7k. Not alot happened until the 200-400 level with me have around 7k still and me calling a 4500 shove with AJ, the shover had KJ. K hit the river and I was down to around 3k soon busting after with me shoving J3 running into AA. Congrats to Steve Crawford in this event, for finishing 5th for 3k.

Event #2 was 500+50 buyin with a 10k starting stack and 50 minute levels. I lost a big pot early when I turned a flush with J9hh only to have my opponent to fill up with T6o on the river. I fought a shortstack entire first 2 hours and had 3k going into first break. I doubled up right after first break with a suckout of AJ vs AQ all in preflop to get me back to 6k or so. Than I flatted a raise out of the BB at 75-150 with 53hh after a raise and 2 calls. The flop rolls out 643 with 2 spades. I end up getting in vs KTss and got there on the turn to bust me out.

I'm not sure If I'm going to play the 200+25 down there or not since the fields are so small. If I don't I still have 3 more tournies down there with another 300+40, 500+50 and the 2k main. The next event I'm for sure playing is Wednesday which is the 300+40 and I'll try to have an update after that event. On the online front I played one day last week and had 2 final tables but very disappointing. I got 4th Tilt 50 single rebuy and the Tilt 50 rebuy for around $2200 each. That sums it up, I'll talk at ya later.

No comments: