Monday, July 27, 2009

Some Live Events Coming Up

I haven't played any poker since I've come back home to Indiana. I've been taking it easy golfing and hanging out with friends and family. It feels really good to be back home in this great state. I have some live events coming up next week though in Lawrenceburg Indiana. The circuit is called the Indiana State Poker Championships(ISPC). I'll be updating on twitter if you would like to follow. My account there is http://www.twitter.com/k_rock2525. Looks like I'll probably play five events there.

Schedule looks like this
8/3-$300 buyin(deepstacked) start out with 15k chips and they have it listed as a 4 day event.
8/5-$1k buyin start out with 9k chips
8/6-$500 buyin start out with 6k chips
8/15-$1500 buyin start out with 12k chips
8/17-$3k Main Event start out with 20k chips

I don't know what the blind intervals are or anything, just the starting stacks. If I don't make day 2 of the $300 deepstacked, I'm going across the border to watch the Cubs play the Reds. I haven't been to a Reds game in years.

After that, the Horseshoe in New Albany has a circuit going on called the Horseshoe Classic which runs from August 14th-25th. I haven't exactly set a schedule for this circuit yet but I have a tentative one. I'm going to miss the $235 6 max event due to the ISPC Main Event being on the same day, I really like 6 max, oh well.

Here is what I'm looking to play in this series

8/19 $235 rebuy
8/21 $345(I don't know if these are 1 or 2 day events, if its a 2 day I'll be out due to mattster's bachelor party being on the 22nd)
8/24 $2100 Main Event start with 15k chips

The schedule is kind of crappy down there, mostly all being $235's but I might throw some of those in there if the field sizes are decent.

FTOPS(Full Tilt Online Poker Series) is right around the corner too, starting August 5th-16th. I'd say I'll pick up my volume online during this time too, should play anywhere from 3-5 events in this I would imagine. August looks like it will be a really busy month for me, which I kind of enjoy all the live tournaments that are going to be here. I'm hoping to give you an update on every live tourney, but sometimes the time gets away from me. That about sums it up, take care!

No comments: