Saturday, July 4, 2009

Update from the WSOP inlcuding Day 1A of the Main Event

I played in Day 1A yesterday of the WSOP Main Event. It has a very good structure starting out with 30k in chips and two hour levels with the blinds starting at 50-100. In the first level, I hit two boats and a straight flush but never got paid on any of them but built up to 37k at the end of the first level. During the second level, I had to lay JJ down on a 882 flop the opponent showed me AA. Dinner break rolled around and my stack had slipped down to 27k. After dinner break, in the third level I won AT vs KQ all in preflop vs a shortstack and a few other small pots and built my stack up to 40k by the end of the third level. Within the first 10 minutes of the fourth level, my stack dwindled to 29k after whiffing a openended straight flush draw plus an over. I somehow managed to run my 29k stack into 52.2k in the last hour of play without a showdown. So I go into Day 2A on Tuesday with a 52.2k stack when average is somewhere around 40k. Blinds will start out at 200-400 with a 25ante? I believe, it may be a 50 ante. So I'm sitting on 130BB or so and hopefully can run good on Day 2.

I only ended up playing a few more tournaments since my last update, deciding to go out and have some fun a few nights and just relax. One of them was a $1500 WSOP where I ran KK into AA right before dinner break in a 90BB in a blind battle. Matt "mattster24" Sterling got 5th in the $1500 Limit Holdem Shootout for a smooth $35k. He got very unlucky five handed getting AA cracked by Greg Mueller(who ended up winning the event) and right before that he ran AK into AA on a K high flop. Congrats to him though as it was a good score and a great accomplishment. That about sums it up, I'll try to have an update late Tuesday night or on Wednesday. It could end up being later though, if I bust I plan to fly back to Indiana as soon as possible. Take it easy, later

No comments: