Monday, September 1, 2008

Denny Crum Main Event and Online Win

I decided to play in the Denny Crum Main Event yesterday and wish I hadn't of now. It was a 1900+86 buyin and it only got 54 players with it being 32k to win. I chipped up a bit early and ended up playing a hand bad and getting in with 97 on 862 flop vs KK and couldn't get there and it knocked me down to around 4k at 100-200. I limped 75dd from the sb after a limper. The flop came JT3 with 2 diamonds. I check called a bet of 400. The turn was a J and it went check check. River brought the 6 diamonds and I shoved and guy snapped with J8dd to have me outflushed. That bout sums up that circuit. I had no intentions of playing today and got the idea from Angie. I'm glad she talked me into playing as I won the 70k on pokerstars for 14.1k. That is my biggest online score of the year. I ran insanely good deep in this winning 3 flips at the final table. Also, I think this is the first tournament I've never been 2 or 3 outed in that I had won. I won a 3 way allin on the last hand when I had a 3-1 chiplead going into this hand. I picked up JJ on the button and the sb shipped and the bb called who had equal stacks and I snapped. They had 88 and AQ, the flop brought a J to basically leave them dead and another J on the river to win in style. This was a big win for me and finally got another 5 figure score. I plan on playing either later tonight or Tuesday night. I'll talk ya later.

No comments: