Thursday, August 28, 2008

Updates from last 2 tournaments at Denny Crum Poker Open

I just got back home from busting the 500+50 buyin today. I built my 5k stack up to 9500 when I got J9ss in vs J7 on a J97 flop. Soon after we took a break, and right after break I raise ATcc at 100-200 to 550 and the sb called. The flop rolls out TT7. He check calls my 700 bet and the turn was a 6. He checked to me and I checked behind hoping he would lead into me on the river. The river was a 2. He checked I bet 1625 and he checkraised me all in for another 1675 and I thought for a bit, but the guy had already raised twice on the river and was called both times as he was bluffing. I called and he flipped up 66 for the turned set. That knocked me down to around 4200 in chips. Then I open A2hh in late position and the same player called, and the BB shipped in his 8 BB. I shoved over the top to isolate and the other player snapped. The shortstack had 55 and the caller had AQ. The flop came A52 which I was going to gain chips on the hand even thought the shortstack flopped a set until the Q rivered and knocked me out. I played in the 300+40 on Wednesday and never got awhole lot going in that either as I lost back to back flips to cripple me and I busted out of that fairly early. I'm not sure if I'm going back to down to play the 2k main event on Saturday or not yet. If I do I'll keep ya updated. I'm going to try to play alot of online next week. I got to get going though, as I have golf league soon. I'll talk at ya later.

No comments: