Thursday, February 12, 2009

Grinding

I've been grinding SNGS on pokerstars pretty hard the last 3 days. I played over 300 SNGS total and up to 15 at a time. The expierment hasn't worked out to great to start but had a turn around late tonight. I've been playing anything from the 12/180's to 36/180s. I'm actually on my second biggest downswing of all time. I've actually backed down limits to hope to cut into it without it getting worse. I've put in over 30 hours already this week and plan to put in 30 more. My goal is to get back to even before the Midwestern Regional Poker Championships which starts up Feb. 27th. It's a very makeable goal and as long as I stay focused and motivated I will make it happen. Nothing comes easy in the poker world, if you want to become great it takes hours upon hours of playing and studying. I feel like I'm on top of my game and results will show sooner or later. Let's just hope it's sooner then later.

I've been on a diet since January 1st, you know the same resolution of millions of people to get in shape every year. I'm happy to say I've lost 29 lbs. The energy I have here as of late is just awesome. I'm only sleeping 5-7 hours a day instead of the 9-12. I feel upbeat all day and night. I've been doing some lifting here and there and really want to get in a routine of doing it more often and on a set schedule. My goal January 1st was to lose 50 lbs before WSOP this summer and I should fly by that as long as I keep my mind on it. I've always battled with my weight, when I gave up physical labor to pursue poker I really let myself go to hell in a hurry. I didn't excercise or eat healthy at all. I think the biggest help of this diet has been the water I've been drinking instead of the pop. I haven't given up diet pop quite yet, I need that caffeine! Well thats about all thats going on with me, I hope to report some positive results my next blog. Take it easy!

No comments: