Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Back to Back

I shipped the $230 rebuy event yesterday here at the Midwestern Poker Regionals. There was 167 entrants in this event. We chopped heads up, 13.1k each but I got the seat also which is $2600 so ended up making around 15.7k. I also got another trophy. I had a huge stack the entire tournament just getting my money in good in massive pots. I lost AJ vs A5 with around 15 left for a ton of chips but still was chipleader or in second. I didn't get involved much from there besides busting a shortstack with K2 vs his AQ. At the final table, I busted Joby out 6th when my KJ held vs his 98. We got down to 3 handed and I was 2/3 and turned it up a notch to build my stack. I busted the guy in 3rd with my KT all in vs his KK, 998QJ is how the board ran out. Pretty sick for him. If I lost I would of been 3/3 and not looking so great. Feels good to finally run good deep in some major tournaments. Congrats to Joby for getting 6th for $3900.

I played the $230 1/2 pineapple 1/2 holdem today and ran KK into AA for a monster stack in the pineapple portion. Tomorrow is the $340 and Friday is the $550, those are my last two events before the Main Event on Sunday. Saturday is an off day so probably try to get some rest that day. I think I might put in some hours online tonight but who knows. Thats it, take it easy.

No comments: