Monday, March 2, 2009

Ship the Midwestern 230 6 max to the K-ROCK

I shipped the 230 6 max today here at the Midwestern Poker Regionals for 12.8k plus a 2600 main event seat. I absolutley destroyed the bubble to go from 26k at 1k-2k to 85k before we actually hit the money. From there it was just totally basic, getting in good and holding. We got to the final table and I had 400k and there was a total of 880k in play. This kid busts the other four players and I find myself headsup as a slight dog. I just basically totally owned him in postflop play and ended up getting AJ in vs KQ, the board ran out AJxKx for the victory. I got a sweet trophy to go along with money and the main event seat. This was a big swing and ended my downswing. I finally got my confidence back.

I also played the 340 turbo on Sunday, and busted early losing 56cc on a Tc8c5x board vs QQ for a huge stack. I want to congratulate Joby for chopping 3 ways for 5300 he ended up getting second missing out on the trophy and the main event seat. Online, I got got sixth in the 33 2rebuy 1 addon on Pokerstars, losing AK vs 87 vs Wretchy(who is ranked 24th on pocketfives) for the chiplead. That tourney was 5k to win.

Tomorrow is the 230 rebuy, which I'll be playing for the minimum. I'm hoping to go back to back but that would be pretty wild. The funny thing about the 230 6 max today was I tried unregistering because I was an alternate and wouldnt get in for an hour. Luckily I didnt, Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Talk to ya later

No comments: