Thursday, March 13, 2008

Belterra Live Tourney

I woke up today around noon after 5 hours of sleep. I woke up and took a shower and just decided to watch NCAA basketball today. I also watched the movie Bachelor Party 2. I thought it was alright, and I'll probably never watch it again. It had a couple of funny parts where I laughed pretty hard, but other than that it's the type of movie you thought it would be. Had lots of nudity(which is always a plus lol) and some parts that were pretty stupid. The plan for the day was to hang out and than play online all night. Well around 4 Joby messages me on AIM and asks if I want to go to Belterra to play in there Thursday tourney which is a 55+10+5 buyin. I usually would instantly say no, but I had nothing else to do and was not in the mood to grind online all night so I ended up going. The extra 5 to the buyin is a bonus type thing there doing for there WSOP Main Event Freeroll in June(which I had no idea it was). I believe it's a 60 or 70 person freeroll and there giving 2 seats away to the Main Event this year. The winner of tonights tourney gets a seat into the freeroll so that was some extra incentive to go.

We got there around 6:30 just in time for me to sign up for a players card and to register for the tournament. The tourney ended up getting 43 players which I guess that is considered a good turnout. First place was only $645. I was really disappointed as Joby had told me it would be around 1k to win. Joby, Jeff(another guy who went with us), and I all started out at the same table. I think I played around the first 20 pots to try to get a big stack early or bust. Well I never got anything going in the first stage of the tourney and was left with 2300 at 1st break out of the 4k in which you start with. Blinds were going to 100-200 and I figured I would be out in the first 10 minutes after break. Well I stacked that 2300 up to 5500 without ever seeing a turn card. I ended up getting moved to another table. The blind structure by the way was maybe the worst I have ever seen, but what do you expect when you play in a 55 buyin. I had around 5200 in chips when I pick up KK utg+1 and decide to limp as I wanted to get paid. The BB ends up raising it up to 1600 and I instantly shove it in, he snaps me with AQ and I get it to hold. Not much really happened after that and the blinds got up really fast. I blinded down to 7k at the start of the 1k-2k level with around 14 players left, top 5 paid. That is when I started my run. I went from 7k to 30k without ever looking at my cards. The table was so tight and everyone was just trying to cash. I was shoving blind the whole time, but made it look like I was looking at them. Well we got to the final table with me still having around 30k which was a good stack as there was only 172k chips in play. Blinds still at 1k-2k, I open 88 in mp and get called in 2 spots. Flop comes 982 with 2 clubs, and the BB checks and I instantly snap shove, making it look like I didn't want action. First caller mucks and the BB snaps me with J9 with the J clubs, turn comes club to bring him flush draw but fortunately he bricked. This boosted me up to 70k with only 8 left. I started raising and shoving every hand until the bubble bursted. I couldn't believe how noone would play back at me. We finally got into the money and pretty much cruised to the win. Big payday of $645.00 lol. The whole time I was like oh well, I'll get to come back and play in that freeroll. Well the guy told me the date of the freeroll and I'll miss it if I move to Vegas for the summer with Matt. Oh well, It was pretty fun nonetheless and it could of been worse. This will probably be my last post until Monday as I don't plan on playing any poker at all and relaxing this weekend. But there is still a good chance I might play on Sunday night after my fantasy baseball draft. I'll let ya know how my team turns out. Well I'm starting to ramble now, cya later.

No comments: