Monday, March 24, 2008

Poker and March Madness as I like to call it Mattster Madness

On the poker front, haven't played since last Monday night. I decided to play tonight and it looked like it would be an impressive night, but it ended ugly. First tourney I played was the Tilt 163 in which I lost a big pot with KK vs 33 all in pre flop and never got anything going after that. I busted there against a manaic with KK vs AT all in on a flop of AQJ. Anyone else at the table I lay it down but he was playing super aggresive. In the stars 162 I lost AA vs 66 all in preflop and the flop came Q86....turn A.....river you guessed it the 6 ball. That is something you don't see everyday. In the stars 22 rebuy I got KT vs 88 all in preflop in a blind battle for a huge stack and the board ran off KJx....turn x....river 8. The Full tilt 33 rebuy was the tourney I was cruising in, winning a couple of key flips and got AQ all in vs A4 on a AJT flop for a monster 2-1 chiplead with 30 left or so. From there I kind of went card dead but was still chipleader with 10 left. Thats when I raised A9o on the button and the BB who I believe was second in chips called. The flop came out 942 with 2 diamonds. He checked, and I led into the pot and he instantly raises me, I end up shoving in and he snaps with AT of diamonds and he hits the flush on the turn. I only ended up with 7 BB and shoved Q9o and ran into his QQ. That tourney was 7700+ to win and 10th paid a whopping 371. So not a good day on the poker front.

March Madness as you all know started up last Thursday. I like to call it Mattster Madness as his setup is the best I've ever seen. He has a 50 inch(I believe) screen as his main TV, than has 4 32 inch TVs above it. So you get to watch all 4 games plus have the most exciting game on the big screen. I ended up getting drilled this weekend betting games and losing 900 in 3 days. Not a very good weekend and I doubt I bet anymore games. Also, I drank way too much this weekend and it was all a blur. I don't remember anything that happened in the IU/Arkansas game at all basically. The weekend was pretty fun though nontheless and can't wait for this time of the year to come again.

On a side note, me and mattster are not going to be moving to vegas for the summer as we were talking about which is fine with me. I think I'm going to go out for about a 2 week span though and play some of the venetian events. Also, I just found out last week I'm going to Alabama for a week to play golf. It's going to be a week after WSOP Indiana and I could use the relaxation part of it, until I shank my driver off the tee on the first hole of the trip. Also, I have decided to take time off from online poker until after WSOP Indiana. I just think I need to have my mind cleared for the live play. WSOP Indiana starts on April 1st and I'll keep ya updated after each tournament I play. Hopefully I'll be bringing back some hardware. Well it's getting late, cya later.

No comments: