Monday, March 17, 2008

Poker and Basketball

Well I was writing a blog last night and my internet disconnected. I was just about done as I was writing my last sentence, so yeah that sucked. Anyways I decided to play last night and it paid off with a 3rd place finish in the full tilt 33 rebuy which paid right at 3k. I was very disappointed though as I was chipleader with 5 left with a pretty good lead. I lost a coinflip to the guy who ended up winning the tourney. He also won 87o vs my QQ all in preflop 11 handed to stay alive. I played in a couple of other tournies last night but nothing good happened. I also played tonight and built some monster stacks and took some pretty sick beats. I lost AA vs KK all in preflop in the stars 109 where I would of been double average. I also lost AK vs K6 all in on a J97 where guy had flush draw and he got there in the 69 at full tilt. I cashed one tourney tonight where it didn't pay much at all and that was the stars 50k where I busted out 30th. That tourney was over 10k to win tonight. I lost AJ vs TT all in preflop for around 38 BB. I will probably play some more tommorow and take the rest of the week off for NCAA tournament. I also have an NCAA auction to go to on wednesday night so I won't be playing than either.

I don't know what the NCAA selection committee is smoking but geezus what are they thinking. Not sure how you put Arizona at a 10 seed let alone even making the tournament. They have a 19-14 record with an 8-10 record in their conference. I don't see how you can give a team an at large big with a losing record in your conference. Also, really not sure how Miami(fla) is a 7 seed and IU is an 8 seed. Also, Wisconsin gets hosed by somehow getting a 3 seed where I thought they should of gotten the 2 seed over Texas or Duke. But the NCAA loves Duke more than Dick Vitale. I hope they make the run and dominate the tournament as they get no respect. Guess winning the big ten conference and the big ten tournament doesn't mean anything. They put Xavier at a 3 seed also, who can't even win the A-10 tournament. Well it's getting late, cya later.

No comments: