Thursday, March 13, 2008

Poker and Golf

I started out playing some tournies today at 2. Nothing went real well at all. I built some stacks again to only see them disappear late. I bricked every tourney I played in the afternoon. The weather was beatiful outside compared to what is has been, so me and sterling decided to hit the links. We ended up playing about 5 holes and I don't think I hit the ball too bad for the first time out, but Matt dominated and had 3 pars out of the 5 holes we played. Good thing we weren't betting anything because I would of gotten crushed. After golf, I came home and got some dinner and decided to fire up some tournies this evening. Started off pretty bad, and than all of a sudden I built a huge stack in the full tilt 163. I was sitting top 10 basically from 100 down to around 30. Then a guy open shoves 17.5 BB from the cutoff and I wake up with AK in the sb and call. He flips up 22 and it holds vs me. Very sickening. I ended up chipping back up before I got all in with 64 aka the k-rock vs AQ on a A32 flop with 2 of my suit. I didn't get there and I couldn't beleive it as 64 as really never let me down. I ended up busting 19th basically doubling my money and 1st place was 21k tonight. I also busted in the money in the 11pm 109 buyin with JJ vs.AK all in preflop but not a very big cash. Well as I was deep in that I built up a pretty good stack in the 22 rebuy. I ran pretty good deep in this and got lucky a couple of times. I ended up getting heads up vs the guy who had over a 3-1 advantage. We probably played for 30-45 minutes and I could never get anything going. That 2nd place finish was good for 5.3k though, as first was 8.6k. So what turned out to be a bad day ended up being a really good day for me.

I ended up renting No Country for Old Men and Bachelor Party 2. I watched No Country for Old Men last night, but haven't gotten the opportunity to watch Bachelor Party 2 yet. No Country for Old Men was a pretty good movie, except I couldn't figure out why it ended the way it did. It was very strange and I have to say I didn't like the ending as most people would probably agree. But for the most part I recommend you watching it. I'm a big Tommy Lee Jones fan even though he wasn't in it as much as I thought he would be, he played a great role. I also watched the movie Chaos which probably had more twists in it than any movie I've ever watched. I thought it had poor acting and speical effects though. But this movie kept you guessing on who did what or why this was happening. I'll probably watch Bachelor Party 2 during the day tommorow as I plan on playing poker tommorow night.

My favorite 4 day stretch is almost there. March Madness tips off next Tuesday night, but the real tournament starts on Thursday. I'll probably be doing some betting on some games and I'll post on here who I will pick and what amounts. Sports betting is really interesting to me and I love to study it. I can't remember the last time I actually placed a bet. I just like to study lines and see who I would pick in certain games that I like and see how it turns out. But hopefully I can make some extra cash during the tournament. Also, found out yesterday I'll be going to the Kentucky Oaks and the Derby this year. I went to the Oaks last year and it was an amazing time. Anyone who has never been for these two events should really go, you won't regret it. If you have never been to Churchill downs, than your missing out there too. Well its gettin late, cya later

No comments: