Monday, August 18, 2008

Last minute decision pays off and Mattster24 dominating

I decided to play the 109 turbo at 2:40 on Stars and the 109 turbo at 3 on Tilt late last night as I was bored and railing a couple of friends deep in FTOPS Main Event. I busted out of the Stars within the first hour but caught some good luck in the one at Tilt. I won KQ vs AQ all in preflop early on to get the double up. A couple hands later I 3 bet an aggresive player with J7ss and he mucked. Very next hand he raised I shoved in my 6k at 150-300 on the button with AJ he snap called me with A6 and I got it to hold for a top 5 stack. I kept building my stack up and soon after we were in the money. I won a couple of 60/40's to maintain my stack. Going into the final table I was 7 of 9. The players went flying out and I won A9 vs K7 and JJ vs K3 to bust 2 players. We got down to 3 handed and I ran A6 into AK. 3rd place was good enough for $3500.00. The big news from yesterday though was Mattster getting 4th in the Stars Sunday Warm-Up for 40k. He lost AK vs KQ 4 handed for what would of been a huge chiplead 3 handed. Instead he was the short stack 4 handed and he ended up busting out soon after. Congrats to him though for the big score and hopefully this is a sign to come of a big rush heading into some live events here within the next month or two.

I'm leaving for Gatlinberg, TN on Thursday morning and will be down there vacationing until Monday. I have a full slate of live tournies for that whole week when I get back. The tournament series is the Denny Crum Poker Classic at the Horseshoe in New Albany. I'll be playing a 200+30 buyin on Tuesday, a 300+40 buyin on Wednesday, a 500+50 buyin on Thursday, and the 1900+86 Main Event on Saturday. I'll be staying down there a couple of nights next week and plan on playing online if I bust early but who knows. I'll be keeping my blog updated nightly while I'm down there giving you the tournament summary. I'm really looking forward to playing down there next week. I've always thought I was a better live player than online and hopefully I can run average and play some good poker and well see what happens. I have a $600 fantasy draft coming up Wednesday night in which I'm partners with Mattster. I doubt I have any more updates until I get back from Gatlinberg and down at the Horseshoe playing live. I'll talk at ya later.

No comments: