Tuesday, August 5, 2008

4 Final Tables, 0 Wins

I went over to mattster's house and played online last night with him. I think playing with him motivates me and it really makes poker better all the way around. This is the first time I've played since my last post and I was really looking forward to it since I was going to be playing over at his house. I ended up with 4 final tables which that is new record for me. My first final table came in the Tilt 35k at 7pm in which I got 3rd for a little over $4700. This would be the only final table I got my money in bad as I was severly shortstacked 3 handed. My next final table came in the Tilt 33 rebuy at 8:30pm. I had a big stack the entire tourney but kind of dwindled away deep into it but won a flip and got AA all in vs QQ for a huge pot to get me into the final table. I ended up busting out 6th here as I lost AA vs AT allin preflop. That tourney paid a little over $1600. The whole night I had huge stacks it seemed like and was doing quite well until I lost KK vs AQ allin preflop in the 163 at Tilt for a huge stack. It didn't seem to matter though as I continued to build stacks. I was at the final tables of the 70k at 9:30 at Stars and 50 rebuy at tilt at 11:30 at the same time. I ended up getting 4th in the stars 70k as I lost 99 vs AK/K9 allin preflop for a pretty good sized chiplead. I also lost K8 vs T8 to a shorstack on the final table bubble who had shoved into me the last 3 times. I made the hero call but couldn't get it to hold. I ended up cashing that one for a little over $5200. I ended up getting 4th in the Tilt 50 rebuy for a little over $2300. I took a sick beat 5 handed in which I raised 88 on the button and the SB called. We were currently 1-2 in chips with me having the chiplead. The flop rolls out J98. He bets 15k into the pot I make it 45k he than makes it 81k and I shove and he calls with QJ. The turn brought his dream card with the T, and I couldn't fill up on the river. I would of had a dominating chiplead 3 handed. I ended up getting QQ all in preflop vs A8 but couldn't get it to hold either for 26 BB. That tourney was $6200 to win and I feel I left some money out there on that one. All in all, I ended up profiting around 11.5k on the day. I was still pretty upset last night the way the final tables went as I got my money in great in some big pots but couldn't get it to hold. I ran well though the majority of the night, it wasn't like I was sucking out alot, it was just having my hands hold at the right times. It would be super nice to run like that everyday, but face it we all know thats not going to happen. It could of very well easily been a 20-25k+ night though. I don't think I'm going to play tonight as I only got 4 hours of sleep last night, but I do plan on playing Wednesday night as FTOPS is starting. Oh yeah, before I forget mattster took 2nd in the Tilt 50 single rebuy single addon for $3800.

I played some golf yesterday with mattster in the afternoon. I shot a 40 from the tips playing it down as I'm doing that more often now. It makes the game tougher but thats how it's meant to be played. I started out 4 over after 4 with me just duck hooking my drive. I hit some crisp iron shots in which I hit 4 right over the flag stick. If I get my driver figured out and keep hitting my irons the way I have lately I could end up being a single digit handicapp I think by the end of the year. Which I don't really care about a whole lot, but it would be a good accomplishment since I haven't been a single digit since 3 years ago when I played everyday. Well that sums it up, talk at ya later.

No comments: