Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WSOP Indiana Event #1 and Tom Crean!!!!

I showed up a couple hours early as Event #1 has usually had a ton of alternates. Obviously I show up 2 hours early and there ended up being zero alternates. Todays tourney was a 300+40 buyin and the structure was really bad. Each player started with 2500 in chips and the blinds at 25-25 with 30 minute levels. I flopped a set on the second hand with 33 on a A43 flop and got no action. That was about how my day went, when I hit a flop I didn't get paid and when I whiffed and tried to steal I got played back at. I ended up have around 2k in chips when the blinds went up to 100-200 and I picked up KQs in the cutoff. It folded around to me and I shoved and the BB snap called me, but took at least 1 minute before he flipped up his cards while the dealer was counting out the chipstacks. He ended up showing AA and that was all she wrote. I was kind of ticked off he took so long to show his cards as I think it's bad poker ettiquette to slowroll someone. The event tommorrow is a 340 1/2 NLH 1/2 Omaha and I'll be skipping that since I'm not a big omaha player. The next event I'll be playing is on Thursday and it is a 500+50 buyin.

The last week or so has been very sick for IU basketball. But today was all worth it once they hired Tom Crean. He is an amazing coach who I think is better than anyone they could have gotten. Even though next year is going to be a rocky one I think he will put us back to the top within a couple of years. Also, I hope Tony Bennett loses every game he ever coaches. I'm not for sure how a guy like him can turn down the IU job. But I'm glad he did as I'm much happier having Tom Crean than him.

On a side note, Joby is going to be going to Vegas with me and matt this summer. He has been wanting to go ever since I can remember and this will be his first trip. So hopefully he has a good time and makes some money in the process. Well that about sums it up, talk at ya later.

No comments: