Monday, April 28, 2008

Alabama Golf Trip and Poker

I haven't updated in forever and It's mostly been because I haven't played any poker at all. I've been on the golf course alot. I left for Alabama on the 20th with 15 other guys and came home on the 25th. It was a really good time altogether and I put together a couple of solid rounds. I shot 81 one day on a par 72 with a triple bogey and 3 double bogeys. Would have been an excellent round if not for a couple of bad holes. I also shot 86 one day on a par 72 course which was the hardest course we played. I had a quad bogey and a triple bogey on front side along with a couple of double bogeys on the back. We played some poker a couple of nights down there and lost around 25 bucks. We played a bunch of 7 card and 5 card stud.

On the poker front, I decided to play some tournaments last night instead of going to a friends house for the wrestling pay per view event. I started out with the Stars second chance, and it was going real well for a while. I ended up losing four straight flips to bust out. Also, I played the 7 pm 109 in which I flatted a raise with AA trying to trap and the flop came TT9. I checked out of the SB, he led into me and I raised all in and he quickly called with JT. That knocked me down to around 6 BB and ended up losing AK vs 99 all in preflop against the same guy with JT. I built up a pretty good stack in the tilt 163 65k at 8. I ended up cashing this tournament but not for much as I lost 88 vs QQ all in preflop for 20 BB. In the tilt 33 rebuy, I ended up getting 5th for a little over $1800. I came into the final table 9/9 and at one point was 1/9. I won AK vs 33 all in preflop than I won a massive pot with AQ vs AJ all in preflop, where the board ran out JJ3TK. I ended up running A8 into AK for alot of chips in a button vs BB battle. Then I lost A3 vs K5 which would of busted a player and given me some chips to work with. I was left with .5 of a BB and busted out the next hand. At the same time I was at the final table of the tilt 33 rebuy, I built a big stack in the stars 22 rebuy. I was sitting 3/14 but end up busting out 14th. I ran AT into AQ vs a shortstack. Then I lost AJ vs 99 for a bunch of chips. Then I raised with 55 with around 15 BB and a player 3 bets me who was aggresive and I ended up sticking my chips in and he shows 98o. Obviously I lose that race. I made a pretty good profit on the day but still disappointing when you build stacks like I did and didn't get the big score. Oh well, there are more tournaments starting up every couple of minutes and I plan on playing some tonight. I got some stuff I got to get done before playing tonight, so I'll talk at ya later.

No comments: