Tuesday, April 8, 2008

WSOP Indiana Event #8 and Online cash

I went down with mattster today and played in Event #8 at Caesars. It was a 500+50 buyin 6 max NL today. The tourney started out pretty good with me chipping up to 5500 from the 3500 starting stack. I missed a couple of draws right before break though and was down to 3800 at 1st break. 3rd hand back after break I raised QQ to 300 at 50-100 in the cutoff and the sb called. The flop came 732 and he checked and I led 400, he made it 1200, and I shoved and he ends up folding. I took down another nice pot when I won a flip with AK vs QQ all in preflop and was up to 8200 in chips going into the 100-200 level. I made it 550 to go with KQ utg+1 and the sb called. A little information on this player, I had raised 4 times in the first 2 levels and he 3 bet me twice. The flop came K64 and he led into me for 700 and I just called. Turn was a 9 and he leads for 2500, I think for a second and end up shoving and he tanks and calls me with AK. So that was a pretty sick spot in my opinion as I thought there was no way he could have AK in that spot just flat calling preflop after he had 3 bet me twice. Kind of disappointing as this was the tourney I was looking forward to the most.

I ended up coming out of my 2 week hiatus tonight and played some online cash for the first time in a long time. I wish I hadn't of, as I truly got rocked. I ended up dropping $1700 on the night in a little span. Most of it coming in the 5/10 NL Cap game on full tilt which I usually crush when I play. First hand I played, guy opens to 30 who seemed on tilt as he had just lost 2 allins, so I end up shoving 300 which is the cap with 66, and Aaron "GambleAB" Bartley snap calls out of the BB with 33. Well he spikes a 3 on the flop and I couldn't catch up and the $652 dollar pot got shipped his way. How he got a full tilt contract is beyond me, as he plays terrible everytime I've played with him. I guess that is why his nickname is "GambleAB" because obviously he likes to gamble hardcore. I usually don't talk bad about anyone but for someone who lucks into a contract like him and plays so bad is absurd. WelL enough about that, I'm heading down to Caesars tommorow to play Event #9 which is a 500+50 buyin 1/2 holdem 1/2 omaha. Also, the Alabama golf trip is right around the corner on the 20th and I'm so ready to play. Wish me luck, later.

No comments: