Saturday, April 5, 2008

WSOP Indiana Event #3 and Event #5

WSOP Event #3 was this past Thursday and it was a 500+50 buyin. It got a pretty decent field with 261 players and it was 38.9k plus a 5k main event seat. The structure was so much better than the 300+40 buyin. I really never got awhole lot going on early in this tournament until around the 300-600 level. I just got moved to the table and within the first 20 minutes I noticed how it might of been the tightest table ever. I ended up raising 3 out of the last 4 hands before dinner break and increased my stack from around 10k to 16.3k. After dinner though I got moved and I wasn't too happy as I was planning on running the table over. I ended up getting moved to alot crazier table. I just kind of laid back and maintained my stack for the remaining of the 400-800 level. We were approaching the bubble and I started picking up my aggression once the table started to tighten. I was raising 4 out of 5 hands and noone was playing back at me. There was a couple of times where I raised without looking at my cards. I built my stack from like 17k-75k without ever showing down except I won AJ vs 86 all in preflop vs a shortstack. Than with 28 left and only 27 paying I opened J2o utg and the guy on my immediate left 3 bets me and the guy behind him 4 bets and I obviously insta mucked and the guy who 3 bet me was priced in to call the guys 4 bet and the 3 bettor showed 96o and the 4 bettor had AA. AA held up on the hand by the way, but there will be some more hands involving the 3 bettor. I just kept raising and raising even when we got in the money as people were playing so tight. With about 21 left I pulled a sick bluff on a guy in a blind battle. I limped in from the sb with T9o and he checked his option. The flop comes AQ8 with 2 hearts. I lead for 3k and he raises it to 8k, I thought about coming over the top there but decided to just call because I thought he was super weak. The turn card was the K and I checked and he bet 15k and I instantly shoved on him and he tanked for 2 minutes and he folded and I showed the T high bluff. I actually spoke to the kid today and he said he only had an 8. I kept playing aggressive and we were down to 14 when the following hand took place. I raised 62s utg to 8k at 1500-3k and the 3 bettor who 3 bet me with 96o comes in for another 3 bet this time he makes it 28k I think and it came back to me and I shoved in my stack knowing he was just trying to make the final table and he would lay alot of hands down to me. He tanked for like 2 minutes and folded AQ face up and I had to show the 62s. He was furious and lucky for him we went on break after that or I think he would of tilted off his entire stack. We got to the final table pretty quick after break. I went into the final table 2nd in chips. The chipleader was on my right and busted the last 3 guys to get to the final table. The final table was pretty uneventful for me as I really never got any hands and the players started playing back at me more as they thought I was a manaic. We were down to 7 when a player raised half his stack where he only had like 9 BB and I gambled and shoved on him with 22 and he called with 98s and I won the flip. Than things got bad. That flip put me right at the chiplead. A good online player was the shortstack with like 88k at 6k-12k and he shoves in his stack and I wake up with QQ behind him, bad timing for me as he obviously would have KK in that spot. That put me down to 147k which was 5/5 but I was one double away from having the chiplead. The same player with KK shoves 133k from the button and I snap AQ out of the sb vs him and he showed 55 and I lost the flip crippling me as I only had 1 BB and was out next hand when I went in with Q8 and the BB had KQ. 5th place was good for $7200. Not a bad day, but very frustrating when you know there is that much money at the top and I had the chips to win.

I skipped the 300+40 buyin on Friday as Me and Matt didn't get back into Brownstown until about 4:30 in the morning. I played in Event #5 today and I built my 3500 stack up over 8k by the 100-200 level and was feeling pretty good. I ended up checkraising a guy all in with a flush draw and he called with top pair and I couldn't hit. That put me down to around 4k. Not much really happened after that though and I ended up squeezing the cutoff raiser and button caller with 33 with 3300in chips at 100-200 with 25ante. I had a bad feeling obviously when both snap called. The board ran out AT922 and they checked it down. The original raiser mucks his cards before we ever flip ours over, but the coldcaller had KK so gg me. On Friday night, I played some blackjack with castellimich and my friend Luke. Me and castellimich decided to put in 500 apiece and play one hand. We were up in the high limit room and it was the first time I had ever been in there. So I'm pretty nervous until we get 20 with the dealer showing a 9 and than he flipped up a pretty T. Well castellimich wanted to keep playing but I took my 500 profit and ran, obviously he ends up winning the next six hands but lost the next one and he quit. He ended up profiting 3k. So I basically cost myself 3k by being a sissy. Me, Castellimich, Luke, and another guy I hung out with who was Fred all decided to go down to 4th street live in Louisville. This is an amazing place and if you have never been you have to go check it out. I won't get into the details but I spent around 400 bucks and it was worth every penny as I've never seen anything like it. We had a real good time and ended up going to three different bars. We went to Howl at the Moon, Sullys, and I can't think of the name of the first bar we were at but it was a country bar. I liked the country bar the best as that was where all the exciting stuff happened. Well it's getting late and I'm starting to ramble so goodnight.

No comments: