Wednesday, April 2, 2008

WSOP Indiana Event #2

Well I ended up playing in the WSOP event today which was a 300+40 buyin 1/2 holdem 1/2 omaha. I had my doubts playing in this event because I have little experience in omaha. I actually think I played really well in omaha today though. The structure was alot better today in this event than it was in the tournament yesterday. They had a 75-150 level and a 150-300 level which yesterday didn't have. I started out pretty good and ended up having 5500 in chips at first break. Each player started with 2500 in chips so it was a good start. I called a raise after 2 callers with JJ97 3 suited in the omaha portion. The flop came out KJ3 with 2 clubs, which I didn't have clubs. A very good player led out 300 and I decided to pot it to 1800 on such a draw heavy flop and a player behind goes allin. The original bettor ends up folding and I had to call another 600 in chips I believe. He flipped up AA9x with the club draw. He ended up rivering an A but I hit the backdoor flush draw to scoop the pot. I pretty much maintained my stack the rest of the day until the last hand of the 150-300 level which was PLO and I started the hand with 5300 in chips. There was 3 limpers in the pot and I decided to limp A763 double suited from the sb. The flop was A74 rainbow with me flopping top 2 pair, a gutshot straight draw, and a backdoor club flush draw. I decided to check, with the intention of checkraising, the bb led out 1500 which was a potsized bet, folds to the last limper who just calls and I decided to shove my stack as I thought I had the best hand. The BB ends up calling and shows me 4429 and I couldn't suckout. I was really happy with my play overall today as I really never got any premium hands. I'll be playing in Event #3 tommorow which is a 500+50 buyin. Well I'll let ya know how that goes, cya later.

No comments: