Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Why I hate the game called poker

I took quite some time off at the end of March and alot of April just for the pure fact of hatrid towards the game of poker. It's not really the bad beats or anything like thats it's just I don't have the passion to play like I once did. I shouldn't say I hate poker in general, I love to play live but have gotten tired of online play. It has become almost dreadful to have to sit and play in front of the computer all day. I find myself to become bored quickly and just can't stand it really. I would really like to see myself traveling alot within the next couple of years but that seems highly doubtful. Well enough whining, I got some notes from tournaments I played last night.

I played around 6-10 tournaments last night. I was doing really well in the full tilt 35k and went deep. With 16 left I was sitting around 6/16. I picked up AA utg and raised it up and got called from the BB who had called my last utg raise from the BB as well. The flop came KJ4 and he checked to me I led and he raised. I thought about it for awhile and was deciding on whether to just flat and try to trap him or just shove. I end up calling and the turn brought a T. He end up shoving in and I called and he showed me KJ. The river brought no such luck and I was out 16th. In the stars 22 rebuy I built up a pretty good stack. I ended up getting AA allin preflop vs KK and couldn't get it to hold. I ended up busting right in the money when I ran A8 into AJ in a blind battle for 30 BB. I have a cute hand history from the stars 162 from last night too.....
Dealt to K-Rock2525 [Qs Qc]
jdgobucks: folds
RGAWAY: folds
propokerkid1: raises 1600 to 1700 and is all-in
K-Rock2525: raises 60 to 1760 and is all-in
VARICO: folds
thebighouse6: folds
1BigAceHole: folds
honeyhocream: folds
PlopPlopPlop: folds
*** FLOP *** [Ac 9c 3s]
*** TURN *** [Ac 9c 3s] [6s]
*** RIVER *** [Ac 9c 3s 6s] [8s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
propokerkid1: shows [7d Td] (a straight, Six to Ten)
K-Rock2525: shows [Qs Qc] (a pair of Queens)
propokerkid1 collected 3550 from pot
propokerkid1 said, "BYE"

The guy has the nerve to say BYE after a horrid play. Also, I just doubled through this guy like the orbit before when blinds were at 25-50 and he raised to 150 on the button and I shoved in 900 from the sb with ATo and he snap called me with K5o. I have one more hand history and this one is from the full tilt 50/50...
The button is in seat #1
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to K-Rock2525 [Kc Qd]
RicardoDB folds
cashsimmons has returned
K-Rock2525 raises to 120
Adrius280506 folds
cashsimmons folds
jadedjason folds
NutsErryTime folds
dmkay folds
Gigaloff calls 100
Nyteride calls 80
*** FLOP *** [3s 4d Qc]
Gigaloff checks
Nyteride bets 360
K-Rock2525 calls 360
Gigaloff folds
*** TURN *** [3s 4d Qc] [2s]
Nyteride bets 720
K-Rock2525 raises to 1,505, and is all in
Nyteride calls 785
K-Rock2525 shows [Kc Qd]
Nyteride shows [6c 6h]
*** RIVER *** [3s 4d Qc 2s] [5s]
K-Rock2525 shows a pair of Queens
Nyteride shows a straight, Six high
Nyteride wins the pot (4,090) with a straight, Six high
K-Rock2525 stands up
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4,090 | Rake 0
Board: [3s 4d Qc 2s 5s]
Seat 1: dmkay (button) didn't bet (folded)
Seat 2: Gigaloff (small blind) folded on the Flop
Seat 3: Nyteride (big blind) showed [6c 6h] and won (4,090) with a straight, Six high
Seat 4: RicardoDB didn't bet (folded)
Seat 5: K-Rock2525 showed [Kc Qd] and lost with a pair of Queens

I just flatted the flop when he bet the pot hoping for another potsized bet on the turn. I got in good but couldn't get it to hold. Well enough about poker, onto what I have planned for the next couple of days.

Tommorow I have mens league out at the golf course. I'm going to play at 1 with a couple of other guys than I have league at 3 o'clock and 5:50. Should be a fun day and I hope I play well. On Friday, I'm going to the Kentucky Oaks with a good friend of mine. I went last year and it was one of the best days of the year. Hopefully I'll make it on TV again this year. Than on Saturday I'm going to a Kentucky Derby party which should be a good time. After that I have another party to go to that evening. So the next couple of days should be alot of fun. Well I'll let ya go, take it easy.

No comments: