Wednesday, April 9, 2008

WSOP Indiana Event #9

Well I went down to Caesars again today to play the 500+50 buyin 1/2 holdem 1/2 omaha. Me and Mattster got seated at the same table. The tournament started out with 100 players and 3500 starting chips. I started out kind of rocky early on but hit a groove in holdem and quickly found my stack up to 9k at 1st break with around 85 players left. I continued my hot start during the holdem session when I limped with J9hh after two limpers at the 100-200 level. The flop was KQT with 2 spades. A player led out for 700 and I made it 2400 to go and the player snap called me with only around 3k back. The turn was a pretty red 3 and the player quickly checked and I put him all, he tanked and called with KQ and I held up. That put me up to around 14.5k going into the omaha 150-300 level. I limped JT87 double suited from the small blind after 3 limpers. The flop came 976 with 2 spades but none of my suit. I ended up checkraising a guy all in and he quickly called with AT85 with 2 spades but I rivered the 8 non spade to scoop the pot. I got incredibly lucky to win this pot let alone chop it as he was basically freerolling it. I went on break with around 20k with around 34 left feeling really good about my chances as I had to of been top 3 if not chipleader. They paid 18 in the event and I was average in the money. Then all hell broke loose after the break. Blinds are 200-400 and we started out with holdem. I raised KQdd under the gun to 1100 and a loose aggresive player with 17k who was also top 5 in chips called. The flop was gin with it coming JT9 with 2 hearts. I led out 1600 and he quickly called. The turn card brought a J and I checked to him with the intention of checkraising him. He instantly goes allin for 14.5k and I snapped him. The player goes "oh S@#* !!!" and wouldn't flip his cards over until the river had peeled. He flips up 99 for the turned boat and I wasn't too happy as I thought I had it the way he acted. I ended up being down to around 4k in chips or so and ended up busting in the omaha portion at 300-600. This has to of been maybe the most disapointing live tourney I've played except for maybe the 1k wpt event in Tunica where I dusted off a huge stack after dinner break. That pot would of put me around 39k-40k in chips when the average at the final table would of been 35k and this is with around 30 players left! Oh well, I'm going to probably go down and play the 300+40 event tommorrow and give it all I got. Well I'll keep it updated, later.

No comments: