Monday, April 14, 2008

WSOP Indiana Event #10 and Event #11

I have been really busy over the last couple of days and haven't got the chance to update on these two tournies. Event #10 was a 300+40 buyin starting with 2500 in chips. Now this tournament with the structure doesn't allow much play. I got AA cracked within the first 5 minutes by KJo and was down to 1500 quickly. I was lucky I didn't go broke as I feel I lost about the minimum. I built my stack back up 2200 with the blinds moving to 25-50. I limp called a raise with 96s against a manaic after 3 others came in also. The flop came 952 with 2 hearts and it checked around to the original raiser who led out 500 and it folded to me and I thought for around 30 seconds and ended up shoving in around 2k total. He thought for a while and he ended up calling with 77. The turn brought a third heart...he had the 7 of hearts...river came the fourth heart to complete his runner runner heart draw. I hate busting out early in events especially to donks. haha

Event #11 was a 1000+60 buyin and was a really good structure. Each player started out with 5k in chips and 50 minute levels. This is one of the events I've looked forward to the most because of how much play it has. The tourney started with 241 players and it ended up being 73k to win plus a 5k main event seat. I ended up making 3 big laydowns early on that two of them the players showed and had me beat but not sure about the other. I had 98s in the BB at the 25-50 level and the utg player came in for a raise and two more callers so I called. The flop came JT6 with 2 hearts, I checked, the original raiser led out for around half the pot came back to me and I called. The turn was the prettiest card in the deck which was the 7 clubs. I checked with the intention of checkraising and he checked behind. The river was the 3 hearts completing a possible flush. I ended up leading for around 800 and the player thought and made it right around 2300 and I didn't take long to fold and mucked it face up. He never showed his cards, but I think this early on in a tourney and no real reads on the player I thought it was best to muck here, as I don't see him doing this with anything less than the nut flush. The two other laydowns I made were where I flopped top pair top kicker and mucked on the river, the guy showed me where he had flopped two pair out of the BB. The other one is where I flopped top pair with a K kicker and I mucked on the turn of JT32, and he showed me JT. After those three pots I was down to around 3100 in chips. I ended up winning a pretty decent pot with AJ on a J93 board and the guy mucked to my checkraise on the flop. I built my stack back up to 5k right at first break. About 20 minutes into the 50-100 level, I picked up 55 utg and decided to limp, 4 other players joined in. The flop came AQ5 with 2 hearts. I decided to check as I thought someone behind had to of had an A. Well it checked all the way around. The turn brought the T of spades. I led 400, a player just flatted the 400, than a guy who was involved in literally almost every pot made it 2k to go, it came back to me and I tanked for 2 minutes, I wasn't debating a fold ever, but I wanted it to look like I had a tough decision. I ended up shoving in for around 5k total, and the player who just called the 400, instantly calls and I know im beat. The flop raiser now tanks for another 2 minutes and ends up calling with AQ lol, AQ in that spot is never good, are you kidding? haha. The guy who never raised and called both bets had it with KJ. The river brought no help and I busted early out of this tourney as well. This is maybe one of the sickest hands I've ever been in. First, I decide to slowplay and than the player with AQ decides to slowplay on the button with top two pair. If I lead on the flop or he bets out on the flop, I end up taking all his chips and would have a great stack of 10.5k. Oh well, that is how poker goes and I feel like I played great this whole circuit and even though I turned a profit it is disappointing in the financial column to play what I think might be the best poker I've ever played for two weeks. Also, congrats to mattster for placing 6th in the 1k event for just a bit over 11k. I know he is probably disappointed to as he lost JJ vs A2 all in preflop for 525k in chips 8 handed when there was only 1.2 million in chips in play. He would of had a dominating chiplead and no doubt the best player at the final table. Well I think it about sums it up, I'll talk at ya later

No comments: