Friday, June 6, 2008

Another Online Win and 550 Venetian

I continued my heater last night and won the Tilt 50 single rebuy single addon again. I actually ended up chopping it up with the one and only mattster. I won a couple of flips deep in this to get me a big stack at the final table. Once we got 3 handed I ran JT into QQ on a QTT flop, I lost the minimum though as we checked the flop and I led the turn and he called, and than I check called the river. I ended up busting the guy in third with A7s vs JT all in preflop. Once we got heads up it was total domination by me, haha. Actually I hit a few flops on him and he didn't get too many cards. I ended up winning 55 vs his A6 allin preflop and when the 5 hit the flop it sealed the deal. We chopped it for $4300 apiece. I also final tabled the stars 50 single rebuy single addon. I got 6th for around $600, I lost TT vs Q9 all in preflop for 22 BB. Turned out to be a pretty solid night. This is the first time I've ever won the same tourney twice let alone in a 4 day span. This is also the first time I've won 3 tournies in one week.

I played the Venetian 500+50 buyin today. It was 66k to win today with around 460 players I believe. They have added more chips and give us 15k now instead of the 10k, well it didn't matter as I've already busted once again in the first 3 hours. About the third hand in I pick up QQ behind 2 limpers and make it 250 to go at 25-50. Both call and flop rolls out 654 with 2 diamonds. First limper checked, 2nd limper led for 550, I made it 1650 to go and the first limper folded, and the bettor shoved all in. I tanked for about a minute and folded. I really don't know what the guy had to shove there I'm thinking maybe 2 pair or a huge draw I don't think he shoves 14k more with a set. Nothing really much happened after that in the first 2 hours and I was around 13.5k going into 2nd break. Right after 2nd break I chipped up in a nice pot with 96s on a 8765 board. I was up to around 15k. Then, I limp with 63s after 2 limpers at 100-200 with 25 ante, guy behind makes it 1225 to go and I was pretty sure he had nothing. Folded to me and I made it 3700 to go and he thought for a minute and called. The flop rolled out A87 and I led 2600 and he quickly made it 5200. I tanked for about 2 minutes just acting like I had a big hand and I folded and he showed me Q6. It was a sick play by both of us, he just had position and made the sicker play. He told me if I led 4k on the flop he would of folded. I tip my hat to you sir! That dropped me down to 8500 in chips. I opened A3s in mp about 10 hands later and got called in 2 spots. The flop rolled out T22 rainbow. Checked all the way around. The turn was the 8 clubs to give me a flush draw. I checked guy led 3k into the pot and once again I didn't think he was strong to overbet the pot and I shipped in my 8k and he snaps me with 77 obv and I can't hit my draw. I'm not real for sure what is going on with my live play, I usually always get a big stack and not bust in the first 3 hours or so. I don't know if I have some tells or what, but it seems like when im whiffing flops or trying to make a move they are picking me off and when I flop a monster I'm not getting paid. I think I might take the next couple of days off from live tournies and get refocused. I'll probably play online or just take a break and having some fun in the sin city. Well I'm getting ready to play some online and I hope to keep the heater going, I'll talk at ya later.

No comments: