Monday, June 2, 2008

Online and 550 Ventetian

I just got into Las Vegas last night around 9:45pm. I came straight to the room and fired up some tournaments. I ended up breaking even on the night. I had some good chances to get a good score and its really dissapointing. I had fun playing last night though for the second consective time that I played. That is a huge plus for me, hopefully I'll get the will to log some major hours once I get back to Indiana. I went deep in the tilt 22 rebuy last night but got my money in bad with around 13 left with me holding A5 and my opponent tabling JJ. I couldn't catch the 3 outer and I was sent packing. I basically dominated the 109 turbo at tilt that started at 3. I had the chiplead from about 140 left down to the final table. I ended up running TT into AA though and I busted 8th. 8th place was good for around $615 when first place was around $5800 to win. That was really disappointing but that is how turbos are. I lost back to back flips in the stars 50 single rebuy single addon to bust out 19th where the top 9 paid. That about sums it up online.

I played the 500+50 Venetian deepstack tournament today. The structure is pretty good with 10k starting stack and 40 minute levels. I started out hot, flopping a set with 99 in a 3 way with raise pot early on. The flop rolled out K94 and I got my opponent to call off his stack with AK. That shot me up to around 25k and I ended up getting to 30k at first break after winning a decent pot with AA. Right after first break I got all in with T7dd on 976 flop with 2 diamonds vs A9 and I couldn't hit the draw and that dropped me down to 24k. A few hands later I end up getting KJ all in vs JJ on QJ45K board to drop me down to around 14k. Sick thing about this hand was that the guy with JJ was a total manaic and was shoving on the flop and turn with total air. I ended up building my stack back up to 25k when I won a good pot with QJ vs JT on a J high flop. The blinds jumped to 300-600 with 50 ante and a good player shoved in 6k and I called him with 99. He flipped up A6 and the board ran out TT7A4 and he doubled through me. I ended up raising about 6 out of 7 hands with total air and building my stack back up to around 25k. Last hand before second break I get 88 all in vs A9 for 21k in chips and his A9 got there to drop me down to 14k going to break. Once again after break, I built my stack without showdown back to 23k. I blinded down to around 19k. Than I raised a limper with AJcc and he called the flop came K72 with 2 clubs. He checkraised me all in with KT and I called and hit my club on the river to get to 37k. A few hands later the button opened and I shoved over his 14k stack with A7 at 400-800 and he snapped me with A8 and he held up. From there I went total card dead and ended up having around 15k in chips with blinds going to 800-1600. I ended up shoving A5o and the sb tanked and finally called with AK, haha. I couldn't suck out and I busted out around 85th out of 297 entrants or so. The tourney was 44k to win today. Tommorow I'll be playing in the 300+40 at the Venetian. I'm starting to play online for the rest of the evening so I will talk to you later.

No comments: