Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Venetian 1k and Online

The only live tournament I played in since my last post was the 1k at the Venetian. This was a great structure that allowed alot of play starting with 15k chips and 1 hour levels. The tourney got 148 players and was around 45k to win. Not much really went on for me in the first two hours as I was complete card dead but was around 15k in chips going into first break. After first break, I should of went broke when I called a raise with AJhh and flop came T97 with 2 hearts. Luckily the guy played KK very slow. I was knocked down around 9k after that hand and just maintained it going into 2nd break with blinds jumping up to 200-400. I built that 9k up to 19k without showdown. I ended up getting AK all in preflop vs QQ for 40k stack at 300-600 and I whiffed. This was also the last live tourney I was going to play and it was really disappointing. I ran pretty bad in coinflip situations throughout the two and half week span I was out here.

Onto the online front, I played on Saturday night and didn't end up getting any big scores. I lost KK vs JJ all in preflop for a huge stack in the money of the 109 at stars. I ran really bad this night losing tons of 70/30s and some 80/20s as well. I took Sunday off from online and watched the Lakers/Celtics game that night and just took it easy. I ended up playing last night and it paid off. I took 4th in the Tilt 163 65k buyin which was good for $6800. First place was 19.6k though and would of been really nice to close that one out strong. I also took 8th in the 11pm Stars 109 which was good for around $800 but was around 7700 to win and I was 3/9 going into the final table. Oh well, I can't really complain how things went online for me while I've been out here in Vegas as I had 3 wins and that 4th place finish in the 163. I really am starting to enjoy playing online again but I think the big thing is I've been playing with mattster and it's alot more fun to talk about poker and sports with someone than sit in your room all day like your in prison.

We leave tommorow to come back to Indiana and I am so glad as it has gotten really old living out of a hotel for 17 days. I'm really excited to get back and start golfing again as I haven't picked up any clubs since a couple of days before we left to come out here. I think that about sums it up, I'll talk at ya later.

No comments: