Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Online Win and 340 Venetian

After I busted the 550 Venetian last night, I came back to the room and fired up some tournies. The first tourney I started was the tilt 50 single rebuy single addon at 10:30. I got off to a real slow start until after the first break. I ended up getting a really good stack at second break. Right after second break though I lost QQ vs A9 all in preflop. I kind of stayed around the 20 BB chipstack until I won AK vs AQ all in preflop to get me a top 5 stack. I also got AA vs AQ all in preflop for a ton of chips. I was the chipleader with 18 left which was in the money. I ended up getting tripped over tripped though and was 10/10. I ended up shoving 98 and got called by A6 and I won to put me up to 21 BB. Very next hand , I get AQ all in preflop vs AJ to almost double up again and bust a player. I was chipleader going into the final table after being 10/10. I busted a player with KK allin preflop from a shorstack who shoved 53. I kind of just stayed around the same stack until 4 handed. I limped K6s in the sb and the bb checked. Flop came KQ4 with 2 diamonds but not of my suit. I checked and the BB checked and the turn peeled off a 9. I bet around 8k and he shoved in 40k and I called and was up against J5 and got it to hold. Than 3 handed I got 88 all in preflop vs 64 and got it to hold up to bust the guy and get headsup. The headsup battle didn't last long as I got T9 in vs KT on a 8549 board, which he had flush draw and I got it to hold. That tourney was 5100 to win. This was a big confidence boost and I hope this is the start of a heater. I didn't run to well in my other tournies though. In the 33 MTT on stars at 11:00 I lost back to back flips and got 3 outed in the money. I was in the top 5 of chips the whole way but no luck at the end. In the stars 109 at 1 I lost QQ vs TT allin preflop. In the tilt fiddy turbo I chopped AA vs K7 for 25 BB with 40 left and ended up losing a flip to bust out with around 36 left just short of the money. I also lost AJ vs A7 to the same guy in the turbo fiddy at tilt right after I doubled the hand before. Oh well, I can't complain as I got the win that I've been looking for.

I played the 300+40 buyin at the Venetian today. You start out with 6k in chips and 40 minute levels. I didn't do much in the first 2 hours and found myself with around 6500 in chips going into first break. A couple of hands back from break at 100-200 level I decided to limp KK in early position. A young player limped behind and it was 4 ways to the flop with the blinds coming in. The flop was AK7 and I led 500 into it. The young player made it 1100 to go and I just decided to call it. The turn was an A and I checked and he bet 4k and I only had around 4800 left and shoved and he obviously called and showed me AJ. I got it to hold and was up to around 12.5k. From there I ended up losing around 5k with JTs on a J638 board that I ended up folding on the turn and that dropped me to around 6500 or so. I built that back up to around 11.5k with the blinds at 300-600 without showdown. A very aggresive young kid opened to 1600 at 300-600 and I shoved in with KJ and he tanked for a bit and ended up calling with TT and I couldn't win the race. I busted out around 145th or so out of 327 entrants. The tourney was 29k to win today. I'll be playing onling later tonight and will be playing the 300+40 Venetian tommorow.

Also, I'm in the final four of the scratch cup at my local course. I was the 10 seed coming into the tournament. I upset the 7 seed who I beat 3 and 2. After that I had to play the 2 seed which was my brother, I ended up beating him 2 up. I'm starting to hit the ball good but with me being in Las Vegas for 18 days I doubt I'll pick up a club out here. So I'll probably be rusty when I get back for my next match but it's not like im supposed to win anyways. Thats about it, talk to ya later.

No comments: