Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Back from Vegas and another Online Win

I haven't posted since I got back from Vegas as nothing much had occured until last night. Monday night was my first online session I put in since returning home last Wednesday night. I played some golf and spent some time with Angie. I played on Monday night and ran pretty poorly losing over 80 percent of my coinflip situations. I got deep in a couple of tournaments but lost flips in both and those didn't pay too great. I played last night and started off pretty slow as I normally do but kicked it in later in the evening. I played in the Tilt 50/50 got pretty deep in this and busted around 60th losing QJ vs A8 all in preflop for around 30 BB. I got a small return on that tourney. I played in the Tilt 50 single rebuy single addon again, the one I won twice in one week while I was in Vegas, I ended up getting 8th for around $600 but I lost a big pot with 10 left with AA vs K9 all in on a KJ8 flop when he turned a 9. I lost AQs vs AK all in preflop to bust out. I also went deep in the Stars 109 at 11pm when I busted out 14th with AK vs KT all in on a J425 board with 3 diamonds I had the A dia too bad he had the KTdia and I rivered a 3 for the wheel but not good enough to best his flush. That was for a second place stack instead out 14th for a $333 cash. I also went deep in the Tilt 50 rebuy at 11:30pm where I busted out 12th with 55 vs AT all in preflop for a 2nd place stack in which I thought the guy made a horrid call with the AT in this spot but oh well thats how it goes. I had a small return on this tourney as well. I ended up winning the Stars 50 single rebuy single addon at 12:15am for around $4300. I bascially ran this tourney over the entire way as I was top 5 the whole tournament. I owned a guy 3 handed in back to back pots to give me and 8-1 chip advantage going into heads up and I won KQ vs K3 all in preflop to bust the guy and to give me win. I have been crushing here lately online with 4 wins this month and alot of other solid cashes. I'm really happy with my play overall and I hope I continue improving my game and making some money.

I have played quite a bit of golf since my return to Vegas. I played awful my first outing in mens league on Thursday even though I shot a 43 which isn't horrible. I ended up going up to Indy for the weekend and spending time with Angie. I came home Sunday night and hit the links on Monday and turned in my best round of the year with a 76. I was really happy after the round and I was +3 combined on hole #1 both times. I played 9 holes yesterday and shot a 43 but made a couple of bucks playing against a few friends. Today was my scratch cup match for the rights to play in the championship and I got beat 1 up through 18 holes. I was 3 down through 9 as I played pretty poorly and my opponent made me pay for it. I ended up winning the first 2 holes on the back to get to only 1 down but he ended up winning hole 15 to go up 2 with 3 to play. I won 16 and 17 to get back to even going into the 18th. He ended up making a par and I bogeyed when I duffed a chip. I shot 86 to his 83. I hit 2 fairways all day and he missed just two. I didn't play my best game but I know he wasn't on top of his game either. It was a great match and probably the most comepetive 18 holes of golf I've every played. I really enjoyed it even though I lost as I just love competition. I hate losing though haha. I doubt I play any poker tonight as I have to get up at 7:15 in the morning to go to greenwood with my uncle to get fitted for a tux for my cousin Trista's wedding. I'm going to try to put in a session tommorow night, but I have mens league and not sure how much I'll drink haha. For the weekend, not sure what I'll be doing but it will probably involve some golf and I'll probably play some poker on Sunday night. That about sums it up, take it easy.

No comments: