Friday, June 13, 2008

Venetian 550 and Venetian 340 Blowup

I played in the Venetian 550 on Tuesday and never got too much going in this tourney. I ended up running 88 into QQ at the 200-400 level for around 22k in chips in a late position battle against an aggresive young kid. On Tuesday, my girlfriend Angie and Matt's girlfriend Lindsey flew out to come and see us for a couple of days. We went bowling on Tuesday night and I absolutley sucked it up and bowled a 78 and 99. Talk about stinking up the place. On Wednesday I took the day off from poker and we went and hung out all day. We ate at Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville which was really good. We ended up going to the piano bar at New York New York which was a really good time also.

On Thursday I played in the 340 at the Venetian. I don't even know where to begin to talk about this tournament really. Each player started out with 12k in chips and I was down to 7800 fairly quickly losing with a boat to quads in which I feel I lost the minimum. With blinds moving up to 100-200 I got 66 all in vs AQ when I was the button and he was the BB and I got it to hold to push my stack up to 16k. I ended up getting J9s all in on the river on a board of 995QA in which I think I played the hand perfect to double up to 32k. I'm not sure what the guy had as he mucked. After break, I ended up gettin back down to aroud 17k in which I whiffed a huge draw holding KJcc on a T98 board with 2 clubs vs AQcc. Then the hand of the tournament was when I limped AA under the gun and it folded around to the button who limped and the sb completed and the bb checked. The flop came 653 with 2 hearts and it checked to me I led 2200 out and it folded to the sb who made it 6500 and I ended up shipping in my remaining chips and he snapped and showed me 42 for the straight. I was packing up my ipod until the 2 of hearts turned and than the 7 of hearts rivered giving me a flush with my AA and a huge stack. I was up to 49k going into second break. The guy with 42 kept saying what did you put me on and how could you think you were ahead. I replied "If I knew what you had I would of folded." Oh well, I ended up chipping up to 64k after break when the following hand took place. A guy raised to 5500 under the gun at 600-1200 and I picked up AA once again and just decided to flat. The flop came out 953 with 2 spades and the bettor makes it 15k which is over potsized and I ended up shipping on him which he had another 25k back and he called and flipped up 65ss which was middle pair and flush draw. I got it to hold and was up over 100k. A little bit later, I got AK all in vs KT in a blind battle for around a 50k pot and was up over 125k. I ended up just basically running the last couple of levels over from there and was up to 193k at dinner break and most likley the chiplead. I want to flashback to Tunica in January where I had a huge chiplead in the 1k at dinner break and over triple average with 38 left in the field. I ended up getting 21st in this tourney when 18 paid. That tourney was 66k to win and left me with major dissapointment. Back to yesterdays tourney I come back from dinner break and get moved to a different table which I liked since I was being somewhat super aggresive at my other table. First hand back I raise QTo on the button to 8k at 1500-3k and instantly get shoved on. No big deal as I had plenty of chips right? Very next hand I pick up JJ in the cutoff and open to 8k again, the BB ships 60k on me and I snap and he shows me KJ. I was pretty happy until the flop rolled out AQT and that was about it. That dropped me down to around 125k. I was still in great shape over double average. A couple of hands later a guy ships in 30k at 1500-3k still and I pick up 99 in the BB and make the call and he shows me A5. Once again, I'm thrilled to be in the position I'm in even more so when another player said he folded an A. It wasn't meant to be for me to hold there as the board ran out JJ2A7. That dropped me down to around 100k. Just a few hands later a woman limps in the sb and I check QTo from the BB. The flop rolls out QJ8 and she instantly shoves in 40k, I end up making the call and she flips over KQ obv the turn brought a K to give me an openender and the river blanked and all of a sudden I was down to around 60k. Just a couple of minutes later a player opened in the cutoff to 12k at 2k-4k and I shipped in 60k over him with KQo and he snapped me with AJs and I couldn't hit and was out of the tournament. The tourney was 38k to win and I busted out around 50th which was good for absolutley nothing but disappointment. I was in shock for awhile of what just had happened. To go from chiplead at dinner break, to out in under an hour is just mind boggling. I had a really great chance at a big score and it slipped away yet again. That about sums up the tournament and the way this trip has gone on the live front. I'll probably play online the next couple of days but I could end up playing the 330 at Caesars tommorow and I'll most likely play the 540 at the Venetian on Monday which would be my last tournament of the trip. I'm still up money on this trip since I've had some good online scores, but the live portion has been very disappointing to my standards or hell probably anyones standards seeing how I've bricked every live tournament. Thats about all I have to say about that. Mattster is currently in the money in the 2k wsop event with a pretty decent stack so hopefully he'll catch a few breaks deep in this one and get a big score. He has been playing awesome this whole trip and I think this could be his time to shine. I'll talk at ya later.

No comments: